How To Play Blackjack - A Complete Guide
Do you know how to play blackjack? If yes, then do you want to try your hands-on online blackjack? Well, if you’re a fan of the classic table game, then you must be tired of running to land-based casinos to enjoy your favorite game.
But do not worry! You can play live blackjack online and get a similar experience. Online Blackjack is one of the most popular games in the online casino world. It requires both statistical skills and luck.
In this article, we will provide you with a guide to play blackjack online. Not just that, but we will also introduce you to the rules of blackjack and strategies of this game. So do not stop and continue reading!
How To Play Blackjack - Step By Step Process
Blackjack is a game that includes a semicircular table with a number of options of accommodation ranging from 5 to 12.The most common ones being for 7 people. There are a number of rules governing this game that we’ll be dealing with later. It includes a dealer on one side of the table and the players opposite him. The stepwise procedure to play blackjack online is as follows:-
Step 1: Join a blackjack table
The game starts with you joining the blackjack table. Once you and your fellow players are ready, you all will be dealt 2 cards each. And the dealer will receive 2 cards as well. However, both your cards will be face-up while one of the dealer’s card will be face-down.
Step 2: Decide whether you want to hit or stand
You now need to calculate the value of your cards and the dealer’s, to get a number that’s as close to 21 as possible. And based on your instincts, you can either chose to hit or stand.
This involves asking the dealer for another card. You can go for a hit either when you are willing to take the risk of the dealer earning a better hand or are sure that the next card won't cause your total value to shoot up over 21.
This involves asking the dealer to skip dealing you any more cards and moving on to the next player. This is probably done when your cards' total value is relatively very high, and you aren't sure whether the dealer will win or not.
Step 3: your hand value needs to be less than 21
After your first move, you'll probably be having a new total value of your hand. If the value is above 21, you lose, and if it is below or equal to 21, you remain in the game.
Step 4: The dealer reveals their cards
Once all the players at the table have come to their final decisions, the dealer has to reveal the card that's facing down to see their total hand value.
Step 5: See who's the winner
Now, if the dealer’s hand value adds up to a total that is 21 or closer to 21 than your hand value or any other players, then the dealer will be the winner. And if your hand adds up to a value, that’s equal to 21 or closer to it than the dealers you can easily bust the dealer and claim the win.
If you are lucky enough to hit the jackpot, the dealer will hand out your winnings, and the payout amount obviously will depend on the type of bet you’ve placed.
Special Rules Of Blackjack
Now that the basics of how to play have been covered. We can jump on to the special blackjack game rules, as promised that you dare not forget to learn how to play blackjack. The rules that govern the game of blackjack are as follows:-
The basic rules
- Regular wins pay 1:1: The person having the total card value closer to 21 wins.
- Blackjack wins pay 3:2: If you have a total card value of 21, you’re said to have hit a blackjack.
- 16 and below: The dealer has to hit on a hand with a value of 16 or less than that.
- Hit or stand: You may either add a card or not. Also, you can double it down or split, to reach as close to 21 as possible.
- Split: If you have 2 equal cards, you can split them up for an extra chance.
- Double down: Players can double their bets mid-hand at the cost of receiving just one card.
Special blackjack rules
- Insurance: The players get insurance if the dealer shows up an ace as the face-up card and has a card of 10 value.
- Surrendering: If you’re not satisfied with your hand, you have the option of surrendering half of your bet.
- Soft 17: There are variations in the rules for a soft hand, i.e. the hand with an ace. Some casinos require them to be hit, while others require them to be left standing.
- Taking even money: In case the dealer shows an ace, but you’ve hit a blackjack, you can push (tie) the game to get paid 1:1 instead of 3:2 least the dealer also has a blackjack.
How can you win at Blackjack?
Now that you know how to play blackjack, you must be looking for tips to become an expert in it. If that’s what you’re doing, then you must follow advice from the other experts. Don’t worry! You don’t have to go around looking for blackjack professionals. Here we have compiled all the useful blackjack strategies that can help you win any blackjack game.
Never split these pairs
It’s advised not to split the pairs of 4s, 5s, or 10s. Also, don’t think of standing on numbers 12 to 16, especially when the dealer has a total of 7 or more.
When you’re dealing with a card total of 8 or less, make sure to always hit. If your cards are anywhere between the numbers 9-16, you can hit, double down, or stand. If your cards read anywhere from 17-21, be sure to always stand.
Fewer card decks
The fewer the card decks in the game, the more advantage you’ll have against the dealer.
Never use the Insurance Card
The insurance card is a sucker card. Therefore, your best bet is to not take it when the dealer’s face card is an Ace. Not even when you’re dealing with a good hand. Its because the payoff for this bet is less than the odds that the dealer has a Blackjack.
Learn the process of counting cards in Blackjack
When most new gamblers hear about blackjack strategies, they immediately think of card counting. But what is this card counting in blackjack? It’s a technique that helps you track the high and low number cards in the shoe. In short, it gives you a basic idea of the type of card that might come next.
Card counting works well in brick-and-motor casinos but is virtually impossible in online casinos. It’s because the deck is shuffled after every hand in online blackjack. However, live mobile blackjack is an exception to this rule.
Below are the steps that you can follow to learn card counting.
- At first, you need to assign cards of value either +1 (cards 2-6), 0 (cards 7-9), or -1 (cards 10-Ace).
- Next, you need to keep a running count of every card the dealer pulls from the deck.
- It’s necessary to keep an accurate count of cards as they are being dealt with. It will allow you to track the live value of the cards left in the deck.
- After every round, if the count is negative, then you can increase the size of your bet. It’s because there will be more low-value cards left in the deck. If the count is positive, then just lower your bet.
If played well, blackjack becomes a game of skill instead of luck. Various strategies are coming up nowadays for when to hit when to double when to stand or split.
This is a special blackjack rule, which states that a player wins, if he gets 5 Card hand without busting, providing a house edge of 1.46%.
In case both you and the dealer has the blackjack then a push and no chips are given or taken away. If you have a higher total amount than the dealer, then the dealer matches the number of your chips, whereas iffavorave a lower total than the dealer, the dealer will take away your chips.
Blackjack is a game of skills and now that you know how to play blackjack, you’re good to go. Keep in mind that one needs to have statistical knowledge to turn every odd in their favor. And with good bonuses, you can expect a decent return in the long run. However, it’s important to know the right strategies and practice them for a long period. In this article, we have combined all the basics a beginner needs to know before playing blackjack. So try these out and enjoy the wonderful experience of playing blackjack.